Selina announced today the signing of six new destinations in Morocco, Portugal, the United Kingdom and Israel as well as the opening of five new destinations in Israel, Australia and Brazil during the first quarter of 2022.
Together, these new signings and site openings add to Selina’s expanding global network of hotels for remote workers and digital nomads, and mark the brand’s arrival in Morocco, where it plans to open two sites in the second quarter. With these additions, Selina expands its portfolio to 150 open or secure properties in 25 countries and six continents. From the first quarter, Selina reached a major milestone, with 100 locations open worldwide.
In the first quarter, Selina’s portfolio delivered year-over-year comparable store occupancy, up 70% to 55%. Same-store annualized revenue per bed increased more than 100% to average approximately $7,800 during the first quarter of 2022.
Rafael Museri, co-founder and CEO of Selina, said: “We had a very busy and very productive first quarter, building on the momentum of our strong 2021. During the quarter, we advanced several initiatives that fuel growth and drive the brand. commitment. Our goal is not only to deliver strong financial performance, but also to generate meaningful and lasting value by developing environments, experiences and outcomes that inspire brand ambassadors, friendships, stronger communities and a better world. . The success we continue to enjoy on these fronts is a direct result of the time and effort we devote to understanding our clients, our team members and our real estate partners. We are building a business that is very unique and we look forward to capitalizing on the many opportunities we see in the future.
The five newly opened properties include:
- Selina Beach Tel AvivIsrael (266 beds): Escape to golden sands, turquoise waters and a vibrant atmosphere at Selina Tel Aviv Beach. Located near the dazzling Mediterranean coast, enjoy the unique art, culture and heritage surrounding the hotel. Just steps from the boardwalk and beach, you can join the hordes of sweaty runners, sunbathe or ride the waves kitesurfing and windsurfing. Discover the city’s origins in Old Jaffa, just a 14-minute walk from the hotel, or explore the Florentine hipster district. With a myriad of world famous restaurants and bars, Rothschild Boulevard is just steps away and the starting point for an unforgettable evening. Along with beautifully designed rooms, other on-site features include a rooftop bar and restaurant, cafe, wellness area, co-working space, communal kitchen, take-out market, and retail store.
- Mantur Parod by SelinaIsrael (108 beds): Located in a kibbutz in the heart of the hills of Galilee, experience the magic of Selina Parod. Surrounded by panoramic views of northern Israel and natural lemon, olive and oak trees, it is the perfect destination for those looking to reconnect with nature. Discover the best hiking trails, including the trek from Mount Meron to Biriya Forest, watch olive oil production at the Kibbutz Parod Visitor Center, or take the 22-minute drive and learn about history biblical and antiquities of the region at the old Kfar Baram Synagogue. The hotel’s on-site features include a retreat and wellness centre, a restaurant serving local produce, a coffee shop, fast Wi-Fi and comfortable outdoor seating areas where you can listen to live music under the stars.
- Selina KinneretIsrael (294 beds): Sitting on the dramatic shores of the Sea of Galilee, guests can surround themselves with music, wellness and history at Selina Kinneret. Unwind and relax in beautiful nature with panoramic lake views and listen to the peaceful sounds of fresh water, or treat yourself to rejuvenating treatments at Tiberias hot springs, just 15 minutes away by car. For guests wishing to explore the region’s poignant religious history, the holy sites of Christianity are just a 10-minute drive from Selina. In addition to the custom-designed accommodation, other on-site features include a swimming pool, wellness area, restaurant and bar, beachfront, music studio, activity center, Wi-Fi Free Fi, a coworking space and a cinema room.
- Selina St Kilda MelbourneAustralia (157 beds): Located in the heart of St Kilda, this location occupies a prime position on Melbourne’s elegant seaside retreat. Steps from an eclectic food scene and boho boutiques, guests can stroll the waterfront or hit the beach and experience the constant buzz of activity. Explore the great outdoors in the Royal Botanic Gardens or nearby Albert Park, watch swans and rowers glide across the lake, or browse the handicraft treasures of St Kilda’s famous Sunday markets. You can also enjoy the thrills of Luna Park, a heritage-listed theme park and a must-see local icon, or visit the adorable penguins at the end of St Kilda Pier. As well as a range of beautifully designed accommodation, other hotel features include a HOWM restaurant, rooftop bar, wellness terrace, cinema room, communal kitchen, free Wi-Fi and a coworking space.
- Selina Buzios, Brazil (417 beds): Surrounded by pristine beaches, tropical hills and charming buildings, Selina Buzios is a gateway to experience the best of this coastal paradise. You can spend your days surfing at Geriba Beach, snorkeling the vibrant marine life and turquoise bays, or diving at João Fernandes Beach. For a break from the beach, you can stroll down the European-inspired Rua das Pedra – just minutes away – which is lined with designer boutiques, quaint cafes and trendy nightclubs. Complementing the well-appointed rooms, on-site features include a pool and bar, restaurant, wellness activities, peaceful garden, vintage-inspired auditorium, co-working space, retail store, and restaurant. take-out shop.