The allegation of complicity in the death of a guest of our establishment is false, says luxury hotel Agete

The management of the Agete Luxury Hotel has declared that the allegation of complicity in the death of a guest at their establishment is false and that it is a pure campaign to discredit the hotel.

A 21-year-old woman, Esther Isaac, was reportedly murdered last week at the hotel in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

The deceased’s brother, Emmanuel Isaac, had claimed that hotel management pressured him to accept the sum of 500,000 naira for his sister’s funeral arrangements and forget about the matter.

But reacting to the claims, the hotel, in a statement released on Saturday and made available to THE WHISTLER, described claims by the deceased’s brother that hotel management offered him 500,000 naira to remove reports about the death of his sister. as a “reckless and deliberate lie”.

The statement was signed on behalf of the management of Agete Luxury Hotel by the media consultant, Mr. Babajide Iletogun.

Giving a detailed account of the incident, the statement read: “On Friday February 25, 2022, two guests, a man and a woman entered our hotel between 10 and 11 a.m. They asked for rooms and the rooms were shown to them by the doorman. After looking at the rooms, they chose room 901. The male guest filled in the registration form with Chukwuemeka Michael’s name and paid N9,000.00 (Nine thousand Naira only) as the fee from the room.

“On Saturday February 26, 2022, one of our porters obtained from the receptionist the list of each of the rooms that were sold out on February 25, 2022 with a view to checking the customers of their rooms and also to find out the rooms that were going to be kept . Upon reaching the top floor, the doorman returned with a complaint that rooms 908, 910 and 901 were unresponsive to his knocks.

“So the receptionist told him to give the occupants some time. After a while, he knocked several times and there was still no response. Out of curiosity, he turned the doorknob to room 901 and discovered that it wasn’t securely locked.

“So he looked over and saw the lady lying on the bed and he said ‘hello, it’s time to go, are you keeping the room? Still, there’s no He then ran to inform the development receptionist who in turn passed the matter on to the hotel supervisor.

The statement further explained that the hotel supervisor, after receiving the information, called the general manager of the hotel and told him what had happened in the hotel.

The general manager, reportedly expressing his shock at the development of the situation, immediately ordered the supervisor to go to the police and report the matter.

The statement continued: “Immediately, the supervisor went to Gwarinpa Police Station and reported and was asked to write a statement.

“He went back to the hotel with two policemen and that’s when they entered the room and saw the lady’s lifeless body. The policemen asked for a photographer to take the pictures. of the deceased,

“While the photographer was taking the pictures there were two phones next to the lady and her bag was also next to her and the calls kept coming. One of the policemen answered the calls and those calling him said they were his friends.

“The policeman told them that their friend was unconscious and they had to come to the hotel, so at that point the policemen waited for the friends who kept saying they were coming. The wait lasted until the evening and they did not come, which is when the police took the body to the morgue of Kubwa General Hospital at around 10 p.m.

“When they got there, three of his friends (two women and a man) joined them at the hospital, then the police collected a card, where a doctor examined it and certified it dead.

“Then the doctor came, took the information and gave it to the clerk and then the body was moved from the hospital to the morgue. That’s when the friends opened the corpse and saw the deceased and started crying.

“After that, the friends were asked to write their names and sign what they did. At the time, calls were still coming in to the deceased’s phone, but officers said they had to be careful how they received her calls.

“But the calls kept coming in and one of the police picked up and a boy named Isaac Emmanuel said he was the brother of the deceased. The police told him what had happened and asked him to come to Abuja. The boy told the police that they should not put his sister in the morgue and that his sister was going to wake up. The morgue attendant said that if they did not put the body in the morgue, he would break down.

“The police asked the brother of the deceased when he was coming to Abuja and he said it would be the next day. He wanted to travel by road the next day, February 27, but the police asked him to come by plane and the money for the plane ticket had to be sent to him by the hotel, because he complained that he was not not have much with him.

“So the next day, Sunday February 27, upon his arrival, he was accommodated in a hotel in Gwarinpa with all expenses paid by the management of the Agete hotel.
On February 28, the next day, we met him at the Gwarinpa police station. The police took him to Kubwa morgue and we met the morgue attendant who took us to see the body.

“The deceased’s brother put a church brochure on the sister’s body and began to pray. After that we were told to pay for the embalming of the corpse and the brother was there when it was done.

“It is apparent from the above that Hotel Agete’s insinuations of complicity in the disappearance of Esther Isaac are not only unfair, but resemble a calculated attempt to blackmail our hotel.

“Indeed, it is a reckless and deliberate lie on the part of the brother of the deceased to claim that Agate Hotel offered him the sum of 500,000.00 Naira (five hundred thousand Naira only) to suppress the information about the death of his sister. Nothing could be further from the truth, as nothing like this has ever been offered to him.

“Furthermore, it should be mentioned that the hotel’s CCTV had been faulty since January 2022 and that all our technicians’ efforts to restore it before the incident yielded no results. To this effect, the hotel management The hotel could not have deliberately forbidden access to anyone, as the brother of the deceased insinuated.

While offering condolences to the family of the deceased, hotel management said they would cooperate with the police to ensure that the perpetrators of the despicable act are brought to justice.

He added: “Nevertheless, we join family and friends in mourning a good life that was taken too soon, and we will continue, as a socially responsible entity, to cooperate with the police and authorities to carry out and carry out their investigations. on this topic.”

Previous This Could Be The Summer Of The Vacation Rental Scam, CEO Warns
Next Why Aurora Inns Are Perfect for a Finger Lakes Getaway